Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Status Of Undersea Warfare Magazine

Ron Martini, normally a pretty good source of submarine-related information, has a post over at his BBS that seems to indicate that the Navy's official Undersea Warfare magazine may have stopped publishing (although it's possible that he was just asking a question). Since I'm on my laptop and forgot my password to log in over there, here are my thoughts on the matter.

Ron points out that the Summer 2006 issue was the last one on their website; however, this issue, in conformance with the Undersea Warfare magazine tradition, was put out pretty late -- in this case, in late November. The Spring '06 issue was actually fairly prompt -- it came out in July. Since I haven't heard that they've ceased publication, I'm just assuming that they're being late as usual and will sometime put out a "combined" two-season issue like they did in 2002 to "catch up" with the calendar. Has anyone else heard anything different?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you go here
http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/cno/n87/magarchive.html
you will see that in 2000 and 2002 there were only 3 issues. I like the magazine and look forward to it. I, too, hope that they keep it going.

2/21/2007 7:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just received the Fall 06 issue...

2/21/2007 8:38 AM

 
Blogger Chap said...

In the submarine office at OPNAV there is one guy, post-DH or post-JO, who did it as a collateral duty. I'd ask someone at N87 about it.

2/21/2007 5:28 PM

 
Blogger midwatchcowboy said...

He might be on IA. I know OPNAV folks ahve been tagged a lot lately.

2/22/2007 8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home