Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Chinese Submarines Are Coming!

It looks like it's time to start a new budget hearing cycle, so word's getting out about the future threat of Chinese submarines. I really don't have time to analyze it right now (I just got back from seeing the Robert Hanssen-inspired movie "Breach", which was pretty good), so for now anyone who's interested can discuss Chinese subs in the comments. My initial take is that, while China is our most likely long-term rival with the potential to develop advanced weaponry, I personally don't see the Chinese leaders as being interested in military confrontation with the U.S. in the foreseeable future. They're smart guys, and know that doing something stupid like attacking U.S. assets is the only real way they could lose power.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article to scare your averasge American into thinking that China is going to send some nukes our way any day now. I agree with you about China, I don't see them as a serious threat to the USA anytime soon but they are a serious regional threat over there in Asia.

3/04/2007 10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home