Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Now Is The Time On TSSBP When We Dance

I had a long post about the NCAA Basketball Tournament that just got eaten when my browser crashed, and I don't have the gumption to recreate the whole thing, so here's a summary of what I was going to say:

1) I totally rule because I correctly picked the winners of all 8 games today in my pre-tournament bracket, and I have the higher-seeded team left alive picked in all of tomorrow's games.

2) In the past, I've talked smack about how my beloved Kansas Jayhawks were going to win the tournament, and they lost in the first round. This year, I'm going to try to break the jinx by predicting Kansas will lose all of their remaining games. (I didn't do that in the 1st round, because they were playing a 16 seed, and that would have just been silly.)

3) I predict Kansas will lose to Kentucky tomorrow, mostly because Kentucky wants revenge for the 150-95 beating Kansas dealt them back in 1989 (in addition to the 73-46 thrashing we subjected them to last year).

Come back next week, when I'll predict that Kansas will lose to the winner of tomorrow's Va. Tech-S. Illinois game in the regional semi-finals.

Update 2323 18 March: Well, Kansas somehow managed to beat Kentucky, so that provided some good news in a day which saw me go only 5-3 and lose one team I had bracketed out to the Final Four (Wisconsin). Kansas will be losing to S. Illinois in the first game on Thursday this week, and then will lose to the winner of the UCLA-Pittsburg game on Saturday.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kansas to loose to Kentucky?!? At least I'll be able to talk to my brother who - of Kentucky looses - will become a zombie! ;-)

3/18/2007 9:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll see you in Atlanta...

Byron

3/18/2007 10:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think that's bad Chrys, you ought to come live between the two cities of Louisville and Lexington KY. At least in Louisville it's still legal to root for either team. In Lexington, anyone wearing red and black is subject to arrest and some serious jail time. ;-)

3/18/2007 1:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking good Joel, I on the other hand totally suck!

3/18/2007 6:16 PM

 
Blogger Cameron said...

I like Kansas to win it all. Sorry if that jinxes it, Joel.

Other than that, by bracket is hosed. My favorite Cinderella, Creighton, lost early. It's been pretty much down hill since.

3/19/2007 10:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy they beat KY.

I have Kansas in the Final Four, but they'll lose to Florida.

Who'll then loose to .....Memphis! :)

3/19/2007 5:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home