Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, May 13, 2007

The New West Coast Music Scene

Blogging was light this weekend because I was fixing our fence; the posts were about to fall down, so we had to take them out, expand the holes, and do manly concrete work to make the poles more snug.

While we were doing Home Depot runs, I listened to a couple CDs of my sons' favorite musically genre - Nerdcore. It's basically white guys rapping about geek topics. My sons really like MC Frontalot and Optimus Rhyme (Transformers fans will get the reference to that name). There were a lot of songs where the rappers bragged on their computer skillz, but the one I liked best was one called "I Hate Your Blog". Some lyrics:
I hate your blog.
It’s incredibly
terrible and bad.

I hate your blog. You own a dog, and you feed it.
You post about it. I get to read it.
Plus: five paragraphs on the socks you bought
and your thoughts on whether Nicole Ritchie’s hot or not.
You got no reason to be typing, yet you persist.
Hit each key with your fist till you punch out your top ten list
of all the things that ever happened in your life.
Number one: met Michael Jackson’s second wife.
Number two: got Curly on the Which Stooge Are You
Poll, as the GIF proves. Click for the link-through!
Three: saw puppy pictures on a web page,
kittens in a nest egg. The idea gestated:
Why not open up your own?
So you bought the account and yet I hope you don’t
put the payments in on it every month like they want,
‘cause then you’ll disappear off the internet, haunt
just the Wayback Machine like a ghost.
And I won’t be like, “How come you don’t post??”
I promise I won’t.
Those lyrics just hit too close to home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

must refrain from snark...must refrain...oh. Like, why am I reading this and could I be doing something better? Sounds like this kid has NO life other than to read how lame a blog is and then write a song and people are gullible enough to buy.

You just saved me 12.95.

Thanks.

5/16/2007 4:20 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Cricket,
The whole song's actually quite humorous -- while the singer claims to hate the blog, it's clear in later verses that he's actually obsessed by it.

5/17/2007 6:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home