Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

756!

I loved this picture of USS Scranton (SSN 756) during a recent port visit to Souda Bay, Crete:

Other pictures from that port call can be found here, here, here, here, and here.

What, with a post title like that, did you think I was going to be blogging about something else?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice grass skirt she's got there ;-)

8/08/2007 7:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note the absence of fairwater planes. As Cat Futch might tell you, it's a lot harder to dance on bow planes during the Maneuvering Watch.

QSPN

8/08/2007 2:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All week long, I considered that my old boat had the same hull number as that whole home run thing...and I thought, "...big deal."

We (the Mighty Scranton) visited Souda Bay in 1999 before heading to the AG with JFK. Great port visit.

8/09/2007 6:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to Chania airport a couple of times a month during the Summer but have never seen a submarine in the adjacent port of Souda.Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.Can anybody help?

8/20/2007 4:55 PM

 
Anonymous Russian said...

Yeah.. Pig boat your right.

1/15/2010 11:44 PM

 
Anonymous imported products said...

yeah.. your right pig boat!

1/15/2010 11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home