Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, December 05, 2008

Welcome Home, Men Of The Asheville!

USS Asheville returned home on Wednesday from the boat's 7th WestPac; here's a picture of the homecoming:

I'm trying to decide if the beginning of December is just about the best time to finish a deployment, and I think it might be. The only problem is that the last part of your I & I gets folded in with the Christmas stand-down; on the other hand, it makes it much less likely that Big Sub Force will be tempted to cut back on your post-deployment down time.

In any event, Welcome Home to the returning warriors!

2 Comments:

Blogger nfloresy said...

Thank you for your posting! I'm glad to have my hubby back after a long deployment. And yes, December is the best time to have him home! Then again, I want him home all the time. :)

12/08/2008 11:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TMI!

12/08/2008 12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home