Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Massive w00tness!

The polls are now closed, and it looks like TSSBP won the "Best Up And Coming Blog" category in the 2008 Weblog Awards. The organizers will be checking the voting logs tomorrow to make sure there wasn't any skullduggery, and expect to announce official results on Thursday. I ended up winning by 515 votes, with 29.2% of the total votes cast in the category. Thanks to everyone who voted for me!

(I also won some movie tickets tonight from a local radio station, so it looks like I'm on a roll. I should buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.)

Update 1750 15 Jan: It's official!

8 Comments:

Blogger Zoe Brain said...

Congrats! A thoroughly deserved win!.

I'm claiming "Best ANZ Blog not owned by Rupert Murdoch".

The two who beat me are Pro sites, both owned through subsidiaries by NewsCorp.

1/13/2009 9:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully, Al Franken didn't come in second....if he did watch out for the recount!

1/13/2009 10:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I was more than happy to vote for your blog. I've really learned a lot about sub life from it. Well, more than what my husband is willing to share with me! Congrats again, well deserved.

1/13/2009 10:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Joel, and thank YOU for doing such a great job! I'm retired from active duty, and currently work as a Damn Navy Civilian. I read your blog every morning to keep a pulse on submarine-related issues.

1/14/2009 10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TSSBP - Home of Supersubmariner!

1/14/2009 2:37 PM

 
Blogger beadlizard said...

You earned our votes easily -- DH and I enjoy your blog. Thank you! --Syl

1/14/2009 7:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Joel… I voted every day, you have given me many hours of viewing pleasure, our politics might not jibe at times but you are cool dude to me and my prayers are with you on your health!!!

1/16/2009 7:18 PM

 
Anonymous Online Restaurant Reservation said...

letzplanout.com provides online restaurant reservation in Chennai, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Pune, also offer table reservation, food door delivery, Buffet, Karting, Paintball, Bowling and Online ordering.

11/30/2009 10:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home