Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Coming Up On The Weekend Push!

Remember, you can (and should) vote for The Stupid Shall Be Punished every 24 hours, from every computer to which you have access, for "Best Up And Coming Blog" on the 2008 Weblog Awards. We haven't been able to close the ~50 vote gap by which Savage Politics is ahead of me for the lead, but thanks to all your dedicated voting I'm about 100 votes clear of 3rd place. (I currently have 576 votes - thanks much!) Looks like it'll be an exciting race through the weekend until voting ends on Monday.

If you're having a hard time deciding who to vote for, please consider these endorsements I picked up from 4 random people I ran across:

"Bubblehead is getting no special snuggling unless he wins this thing!" -- SubBasket

"Ewww, Mom... Gross!" -- Adult Daughter

"Vote for Cancer Guy!" -- Sean Kennedy, noted film critic

"You want an endorsement, old man? How 'bout you put some gas in my truck, and then we'll talk endorsements." -- Robert Kennedy, standardized test expert

Click here to vote!

Update 0726 09 Jan: Thanks to some timely endorsements from CDR Salamander, Chapomatic, Galrahn, and Ace of Spades HQ, among others, we've surged into the lead, about 40 votes ahead of Savage Politics. Thanks to all for the great support! Remember, we still need to keep voting through Monday to hold onto our gains.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there some kind of prohibition against getting other blogs to campaign for you?
Get the link up on salamander,sub report, rontini, chapomatic, blunoz, etc...

Vote early! Vote often!

1/08/2009 4:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dear Lord. I just voted for a bubblehead.

Former CGN36 skimmer

1/08/2009 6:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't vote from my mac with safari. Anyone know a workaround?

1/08/2009 6:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, duh, figured out how to vote. Belay my last.

1/08/2009 6:53 PM

 
Blogger Chap said...

I note that you have at the moment 666 votes.

Huh.

1/08/2009 11:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vote for a Kennedy? Are U sh@tting me? When is your service related package going to VA for your cancer and being around a nooklear wessel?
Good luck shipmate!
What I find strange is that 2 Kennedy's now in the past couple of months have dealt with cancer......
Mebbe it's a black op thing....oh my!

rebootinit

1/09/2009 1:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not tryin' ta jinx ya, but you were in the lead when I voted for you just now...

1/09/2009 7:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DOH! I forgot about this since I originally voted...voted again!

1/09/2009 7:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in the lead now! By more than a hundred!

1/09/2009 12:10 PM

 
Blogger Srvd_SSN_CO said...

Got my vote. I love coming here to see what is going on in the world of subs.

1/09/2009 12:42 PM

 
Blogger Nereus said...

Joel,
Gave you a spot on my blog
http://rightascensionofaries-nereus.blogspot.com/2009/01/just-helping-out-shipmate.html
Good Luck

Nereus

1/09/2009 4:54 PM

 
Blogger Vigilis said...

BH, if Chap approves will be exercising the "Bourne Ultimatum" for your well-earned success! - Vig

1/09/2009 5:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up by over 200 now!! W00t!

Please move the "vote for me" link back to the top and shamelessly self-promote. We must win..
WE MUST WIN!

A Rabid Fan

1/10/2009 10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home