Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, April 23, 2006

What I Believe...

Via one of my favorite progressive Idaho bloggers, I found my way to a post at "Operation Yellow Elephant", a snarky blog that seems to be claiming that you aren't allowed to support the war unless you or a close family member is or was in the military. I suppose they also believe you aren't allowed to support law enforcement unless you're a cop, but they never actually say that.

Anyway, the writer of that blog says that he's interested in my thoughts on the war. Since I don't feel like re-typing what I've already written, here's a bunch of links to posts I've written that kind of explain my position on why we're fighting and why it's the right thing to do:

Why We Fight
"The Enemy's Gate Is Down"
"You Make Me Wanna La-La"
Oh! The Humanity!
My God! We Dropped Bombs On People Who Were Shooting At Us!
Good Essays On Iraq
Are We Winning The War?
"The Cost Of Freedom"
Questioning One's Patriotism
We Didn't Invade Iraq To Pick Cherries
"Phased Withdrawal"... A New Plan?
Check Out This Comment
The Bush Corollary
Bush Uses "Packed Web Site" Strategy

I really don't expect anyone to read them all; they're here as much for my benefit if I want to find them later as for anything else. Just the thoughts of one recently retired submarine officer on the greatest question facing our society today...

Update 1953 23 April: The Operation Yellow Elephant guy gave me my own post! Head on over and join in the fun. It turns out that it's basically just a snarky website that says that young people shouldn't be allowed to support the war unless they're going to join the military. Ask them if they also believe that anyone who is concerned about the plight of the homeless should be required to take a homeless person into their own home and see how they respond...

9 Comments:

Blogger Vigilis said...

You pose as a minister yet denigrate people whom you do not even know. Bubblehead is truly a man. He abides those who may not agree with him, yet unlike most of them, he has sacrificed decades of his life for their defense. You cannot even imagine the sacrifices.

The only oil the Gulf war is about is the snakeoil of propagandists who mix religion and politics. Shame on you, Sir, if that applies to you!

4/23/2006 5:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPAM HIM! SPAAAAM HIM!

confusions say:
Better to say nothing than to speak mind.

4/23/2006 11:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Don't think 70 dollars a barrel is "stealing"

4/23/2006 2:56 PM

 
Blogger Just Callin' It Like I See It said...

Deanberry,
How DARE you say such HATEFUL IGNORANT words to an American who served our country!?!? Our military has volunteered and risked and sacrificed to keep our country secure, safe, and free. It's insane freaks like YOU that make it more difficult for those of us who are against the war in Iraq because of what we believe is misrepresentation and a lack of accountability from the administration. It makes me physically ill when people like you attack our troops for doing what they swore to do... Save your drivel for the administration and stop attacking our troops! No matter how I feel about the war in Iraq, I firmly support and appreciate our military men and women. Our country's strength DEPENDS on their loyalty and allegience and we truly do not want it any differently. It is THEIR duty to serve our country and it is OUR duty to choose trustworthy leaders who will not misuse them.

Keep you unchristian thoughts inside your wormy head. God would NOT be proud of you for your evil tongue...

4/23/2006 4:41 PM

 
Blogger Chap said...

Dude,

The "dinoberry" is a spammer. "Be A Man"? From a spammer?

I've gotten several of these icky things, and put them in File 13...

4/23/2006 6:12 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

I was gonna delete the spam post, but then so many people said such nice things to me that wouldn't have made sense without the spamment, that I couldn't do it... Besides, he wasn't skilled enough to make it a hyperlink, so I figure there won't be many of my readers who will go to the trouble to visit his link (I certainly haven't).

Plus, I have to PROVE to him that I'm a man.

4/23/2006 6:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Plus, I have to PROVE to him that I'm a man."

Dude, don't do that...PLEASE don't do that;)

4/24/2006 12:55 PM

 
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

All the Lefties kept saying we were in the war for Oil...

Well, judging from the gas prices, who in the heck *DO* we have to bomb to get cheap oil?

4/24/2006 11:03 PM

 
Blogger Mycos said...

As a leftist, I have to say that one of the most irritating things I keep seeing on right-wing sites is over-generalizations like this "All the leftists say we're in the war for oil". They "all" don't. I don't. GWB did that too with his idiotic "You're either with us or against us" BS. Even going back to Nixon's days, the streets were lined with these same wingers who called the people who marched for civil rights or for an end to the Vietnam War "commies".

The logic is that because some people against the war were communists are commies or terrorists, all people must be. That's nuts of course. Based on that same principal "all" right-wingers must be stupid and all liberals smart just because polls show the higher the IQ or education someone has, the higher the odds are of their being left of center.

Is that really the way you want to see the world? And come to think of it, why don't righties make that over-generalization all the time too? That's what you all do don't you?

12/11/2006 10:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home