Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Good Essays on Iraq

Just for my reference as much as anything, here's a new article that tries to debunk some of the various arguments against the Iraq war; it makes for interesting reading. Also, this old essay by Steven Den Beste does as good a job as anything I've seen for spelling out the reasons that I hope our leaders had in mind when expanding the Global War on Terror to the Iraqi theater. (My own attempt to record my thoughts on why expanding the war was the right thing to do can be found here.)
I'd be interested to see what my good friend Rob over at Rob's Blog Online Magazine has to say about these two articles. You should go over there and check; you might be his 10,000th visitor! (Last link not necessarily safe for work, or if your wife is looking over you shoulder.)

Going deep...

Update 1101 13 July: Via Instapundit, a new OpinionJournal article on connections between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Schumacher said...

:) I'm taking a blogging, er, magazining break...been getting too wound up in it, and I've been busy as that one legged man at work, if you follow...

But I did hit 10,000, and you should see the celebratory post :)

It's probably NSFW, but there is a little something for wives below the obligatory topless hula babes..

7/12/2005 12:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home