Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, January 28, 2005

Plan of the Week

1) For those looking for links to the San Francisco drydock photos and the comments on those, scroll down to the post below this one, or click here.
2) Those of you visiting from sftt.org may or may not be interested in my views on one of the articles that appeared there; my thoughts are here.
3) I'll be traveling this weekend to the land of the dial-up Internet connection, so subblogging will be light to non-existent. Others who may be stepping in to meet your subblog-reading needs are Bothenook, Chapomatic, Hamilton's Pamphlets, WillyShake, Submarine Brotherhood, and Rob's Blog. In fact, go to this post by Steve now and do what CDR Mooney, CO San Francisco, suggests. I'll still be here when you get back.
4) For a good general roundup of what's interesting on the 'net, I recommend Ninme. For a dose of off-beat humor, IMAO is a good place to start.
5) For all your Carolina Panthers and video games opinions, I strongly recommend Video Games, Football, and Life. First, though, a disclaimer. Seeing as how there's been much interest lately in the blogosphere on disclosing any potential conflicts of interests in blogging, I must confess that I am closely related to Pantherfan (and Yellowness, who will soon be joining Pantherfan's blog); in fact, half of their DNA comes from me. [Their other half comes from Subbasket, who was disappointed to learn that she'll have to pay money to put pictures of her baskets up on her blog; expect more from her after she does that.]
6) I'm looking for advice. In my profile, I note that I'm a "South Park Republican". Having lived in California and Connecticut for the last 10 years, it wasn't that big a deal; I fit in with most of the local Republicans. However, in Idaho, I'm finding that most people who believe as I do are not Republicans; many are even {shudder} Democrats. Bottom line, I'm thinking of registering as a Democrat here in Idaho; not that I could imagine voting for a Democrat for President, but for local elections, I think it makes more sense. Any advice, pro or con, is welcomed in the comments.
7) Finally, for anyone interested in the opinions of a old submariner on the global strategy of the War of Terror, I wrote a little essay here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

Ninme, I'm in the Boise area; we just moved here from my last Navy job in San Diego. My wife is from around here; we figured that after she had followed me around the country to where the Navy wanted us for 20 years, we should move where she wanted to for once. So when are you going to update the "About Me" section of your blog?

1/28/2005 1:05 PM

 
Blogger WillyShake said...

Though I'm not tempted to switch parties, my sister-in-law has remained a registered Dem for this reason: she feels likes she gets to take two cracks instead of one at whom that party nominates (in the primaries then in the general election). I haven't quite thought this through, but pass it on nonetheless. Good luck with your decision!

1/28/2005 1:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home