Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Paul Smith: Father, Husband, Patriot, MOH Awardee

Earlier, I discussed Sergeant First Class Paul Smith in this post. Today, the St. Petersburg Times reports that he will posthumously be awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions outside Baghdad on April 4, 2003. Read this story for a fuller appreciation of what made this man the hero that he is. "Greater love hath no man than this..."

Snapshot 1420 02 Feb: Normally, I'm entertained and bemused by the antics of the hate-filled left over at Democratic Underground. Today, though, I because of their reactions to the MOH story in this thread, I have only one thing to say to the DUers who slander Smith's memory and his family: F*ck you. None of you is fit to even question the emotions being felt by the Smith family. Legally, you have that right. Morally, not even close. F*ck the lot of you. (Edited 1428 to replace the letter "u" with asterisks in the update.)

Update 1526 02 Feb: Blackfive honors Sergeant First Class Smith.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one:

"My opinion, for what its worth. That picture is clearly set-up. The picture is crooked, and the whole thing looks like it was just put up and arranged. How's that for starters."

Yup! Sounds about right. The whole thing was STAGED! The guy is probably still alive and serving as a CIA spook, killing innocents and running coke for the Shrub.

- Liberal Larry

2/02/2005 5:35 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Uh-oh, I better explain the comment above to my normal blog readers. Liberal Larry runs a really funny satire website called "BlameBush" at http://blamebush.typepad.com/. On this site, conservatives find humor in posting in the style of deranged liberal moonbats. He's not really a raging wacko -- he just plays one on his website. (I always feared my secret 'net life would intersect one day with my normal 'net life one day.)

2/02/2005 6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home