Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

I Really Want To Post...

... I really do, but there just doesn't seem to be that much submarine-related news today that I haven't already posted on. So, please visit the talented bloggers listed on the right to see what they have to say while I try to figure out how to get rid of the writer's block.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give us a "No Sh***er!!! their is always time for a Sea Story!!!

4/14/2005 10:42 PM

 
Blogger Vigilis said...

Suggest looking to your backyard there in Idaho. At Pend Oreille are latest navy submarines (LSV) and even an ex-WWII US Naval Training Station, Farragut Naval Base, now a park. Hardly known to outsiders. This inland lake's depth and size are unusual, to say the least. Submarines...always silent and strange.

4/14/2005 11:14 PM

 
Blogger CDR Salamander said...

Shipmate,
Let me see if I can help. As a matter of fact, I will give you one of my "draft" posts. I was going to use it as a discussion point about leadership, innovation, professionalism, and general "get the job done" attitude. I was a sailing instructor as a Midshipman, so this is close to my heart: the story of the R-14 - submarine under sail.
http://www.sid-hill.com/history/r14.htm

I love that story.

If you like the old "R-boats" and "old school" sub pics the below site is outstanding. Ah, life before the Navy Safety Center...
http://www.rddesigns.com/subs/r-boats.html

4/15/2005 6:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your buddy Ray Perry over at SFTT.org has a new analysis on the San Fran...

4/15/2005 7:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home