Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Cats and Dogs... Living Together...

Lubber's Line has noted that many of the submariners around the 'net, particularly the officers, appear to be cat people. (For examples, we have Chapomatic, Willyshake, and myself.) He came up with some characteristics of subcat people and subdog people that I found pretty accurate from my experience:

The clever Cats – SSN Characteristics
The hunter that prefers to stalk its prey by stealth.
A small and agile predator
Can be finicky and may choose the more tempting prey over an easy meal.
Independent minded.
Plays with its adversary and enjoys the game of cat and mouse.

The big bad Dogs – SSBN Characteristics
A lone wolf – ever patrolling its territory.
Resolute defender of his home.
Acts on his master’s commands – alert 1, alert1
May seen lethargic until provoked – beware, let sleeping dogs lay.

For an example of dogs being the "resolute defender of his home" check out what Dave Barry had to say.
I just always like cats better than dogs because of their independence and "don't give a crap" attitude. Plus, they aren't always humping your leg... (although one of my cats does molest blankets.)
If you like, you can even vote in Lubber's Line's poll. I don't think he's limited the poll to submariners only, so I think that even interested non-submariners can vote.

Update 1135 13 Apr: Molten Eagle is apparently weighing in on the other side of the "dog vs. cat" debate.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

Peter gets an "A" in pop culture references; it's from the scene where Bill Murray is talking to the Mayor. So, did you vote in the poll?

4/12/2005 6:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roof-hare is roof fare. I bet cat people don't like spinach either.

4/12/2005 11:41 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Yes, "Cats and SSNs" is what I picked... I'm heterosexual, so I didn't pick boomers.

4/13/2005 11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home