Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Geek Humor

(Intel Source: Gus Van Horn) I admit it, I'm a geek... but this made me laugh.

Speaking of geeky... since I don't expect a lot of reaction to this one, I'm going to turn the comments into a discussion forum for people who want to discuss the new Harry Potter novel. So --- WARNING --- Harry Potter spoilers possibly in the comments!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

I personally think that Snape is actually still on the side of good, and Dumbledore might still be alive. For some reason, they need Harry to feel absolute hatred for Snape, so that Voldemort can pick up on it... maybe to get Voldemort to trust Snape more?

7/19/2005 10:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry who? I like the T-Shirt!

7/19/2005 11:21 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

I'll admit that it's a minority opinion -- even in my house -- but I just can't see Rowling having Dumbledore (who's always struck me as kind of a Gandalf/Aslan-type character) be that wrong about something that important.
Over on the chat boards my kids are reading, they think Dumbledore might have a Horcrux (from when he killed the evil German wizard).

7/20/2005 4:55 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Dumbledore's "Chocolate Frog" card says he's most famous for his defeat of the dark wizard (German name) in 1945.
I was reading Time this morning, and they used the same comparison of Dumbledore to Gandalf and Aslan that I had used, but they brought up an interesting point that I hadn't even considered; both Gandalf and Aslan came back "from the dead". Now, Aslan was a clearly religious reference, and I've always thought Gandalf (as basically an archangel) was pretty much the same, and Rowling says she's never even finished the Narnia Chronicles or Lord of the Rings, but I think there's still hope...

7/21/2005 9:42 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

One thing's for sure: If Rowling doesn't let Neville be the one to give Bellatrix LeStrange her comeupance, I'll be seriously pissed off!

7/24/2005 1:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home