Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm Gettin' A Raise

Looks like they came out with the announcement for the Retiree Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for next year, and it'll be big: 4.1%, which is a full percentage point higher than the raise the active duty personnel are getting. (It looks like the big recent jump in gas prices is what caused the disconnect.) I guess I'm still recently enough on active duty that I don't really see how that's fair -- give me a couple years, though, and I'll probably be complaining about those young whippersnappers taking my money, and my parking spot on the base, all those damn tattooed hooligans, with their "rap" music and butt-cracks showing! Back when I was in the service, we didn't have all this fancy stuff...

Hey, I think I'll be pretty good at that. I'm already working on growing out my ear hair...

Going deep...

1 Comments:

Blogger Skippy-san said...

Since my ex gets a piece of COLA raise, I am more sanguine about it. I'd almost forgo the COLA increase just to keep her from getting more money.....almost.

Thanks for nothing Pat Schroeder.

10/17/2005 11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home