Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, October 17, 2005

Lottery Dreams

As a submariner, I'm normally a fairly logical guy. That's why I'm so excited about the PowerBall lottery now. Yes, I know that the odds against winning are 1 in 146 million, but... since the payout is more than $146M, it means it's a good investment! Better odds than you'll ever get in Vegas! I'm sure to win! Time to cash in the kid's college funds to buy tickets!

OK, it's not that bad in the Bubblehead household. I recognize that the odds of winning are the same as -- well, this. Take a normal six-sided die, and roll it once. If it's even, you go on; odd, you lost already. Now, roll that same number 10 more times in a row. You have better odds of doing that than winning with a single lottery ticket.

Still, it's worth the $3 or whatever to dream about what you'll do if you win. SubBasket and I decided we'd buy a house in Point Loma... here's what we found. Nice and convenient to the Sub Base, too. Since it has a boat dock, we'd probably have to get a boat, as well...

One thing's for sure... if I win, I'm getting a huge plasma screen TV with an installed GPS unit. Why? Because I'd be rich, dammit!

It's nice to dream...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

That IS nice; it doesn't have any deck chairs, tho...

10/17/2005 1:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend something more like this: http://www.ussubmarines.com/submarines/phoenix_1000.php3


RM1(SS) (ret)

10/17/2005 5:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home