Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Sub-Blogging Milestone

Stop the presses! I can report that, for the first time ever, a submarine-themed blog with the word "Stupid" in the title has passed the 100,000 visitor mark! It happened at 1111 MDT today, when a visitor from Tacoma searching MSN for "husband, job description" stumbled onto my web page. Thanks for visiting!

I had really hoped that my 100,000th visitor would have been something really exciting -- a WWII submarine veteran finally finding a link to his old shipmates, some Admiral looking for advice on how to run the Submarine Force -- but it didn't work out that way. (Or even something humorous -- a few days ago I had a visitor looking for information on "punished asshat", a topic for which, judging by my top-of-the-list placement on this search, I appear to be the best source of information.) Actually, it's still a better story than it might have been... I was visitor #99,999.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for visiting and commenting; it's made the last 13 months quite fun for me and hopefully for you as well.

Going deep...

Update 1701 15 Oct: Looks like CDR Salamander passed the same milestone today as well. It'd sure be nice to know what officer community he belongs to... I just don't have the Intelligence to even hazard a guess; it's very Cryptic, whatever it is, I'm sure.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

I was kind of hoping it would be you too... that way I could have thrown out another link to your most excellent blog...

10/15/2005 11:48 AM

 
Blogger Mark Tempest said...

When you get 100,000 hits, I don't think "going deep" is working to keep you out of sight...

Congratulations!

10/15/2005 8:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hit your blog right after the CDRs...but only because you come after him in my blog favorites:)

10/16/2005 2:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proves that if you stay around and "whine" enough - "they will come"

10/16/2005 12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home