Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, November 28, 2005

Honoring The Crew Of HMCS Chicoutimi

I was pleased to see the Canadian Navy honoring the bravery and skill of the crew of the submarine HMCS Chicoutimi. The crew was presented the Canadian Forces Unit Commendation as a result of their actions during and after the tragic fire over a year ago.

I guess I shouldn't still be amazed at the different responses of the Canadian and American Sub Forces to accidents that befell their vessels. While the Sub Force did honor individual heroes from the USS San Francisco grounding (including HM1(SS) James Akin), no unit award was even considered, as far as I know. I would challenge anyone to come up with a recent example of a crew doing better, in a more stressful situation, than the effort shown by the crew of the San Francisco in bringing their damaged ship home.

Going deep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home