Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, November 13, 2005

"The Strength Of Ten Grinches... Plus Two"

Looks like Christmas is coming early this year. I saw someone in the neighborhood putting up lights yesterday; I was thinking that this is too early -- the Halloween lights are just barely down. Then, I was channel surfing, and saw that TNT was showing "The Grinch That Stole Christmas" (the real one).

That's still one of my favorite shows. I have the thing basically memorized (having read the book to the kids literally hundreds of times over the years... it was one of their biggest requests). I still love the first appearance of "little Cindy Lou Who, who was not more than two". I feel an unashamed joy when they come to one of my favorite lines. And I still get the shivers when the Who's start singing:

"Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Come this way!

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Christmas Day.

Welcome, Welcome
Fah who rah-moose
Welcome, Welcome
Dah who dah-moose
Christmas day is in our grasp
So long as we have hands to clasp

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas
While we stand
Heart to heart
And hand in hand..."

Only 43 days until Christmas!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black Friday is still the day of transition for me. Anything before that is just marketing. On black friday, I mount a 4 foot plastic Santa on the tool box in the back of my pickup truck. A 75 watt converter that plugs into the cig lighter provides the power to light it up. It's great in holiday traffic, and you can find the truck in a crowded parking lot. (Anyone around Manassas, VA the last 2 years might have seen me.) I can't wait, but I still need to wait for Thanksgiving turkey to get cold first. lest we forget the importance of that day in the rush.
RM1/SS

11/14/2005 6:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home