Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"There Shall Be Unsubstantiated Rumors..."

"...and rumors of unsubstantiated rumors." Unlike reputable sites, (like the unofficial-official news source for the sub-blogosphere, The Sub Report), this web site doesn't have any scruples when it comes to printing unsubstantiated rumors about submarines.

A reader sent in a link to a livejournal entry from someone saying she was the girlfriend of a Sailor in Groton. Part of the entry (paraphrased) said:

While they were down training last week, (boyfriend's name) sub had an accident and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything. I know the basics and (he) said it's mostly under wraps but there are still guys in ICU and he's still under the doctor's supervision.

I'm not printing the link, because I really don't want any well-meaning girlfriends getting a "talking to". (And don't try Googling-- it doesn't seem to be indexed yet.) From her previous entries, I'm guessing her boyfriend might still be in Sub School (based on when the boyfriend went into the Navy), but he might have gotten to a boat already if he went straight there from BESS. On the other hand, it could be that it was a trainer accident at Sub School rather than on a boat. I normally wouldn't say anything, but some of the comments to the post made me think that there might have been something that happened...

Anybody hear anything about this? Or should I delete this entry? Let me know either way...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son is in his 4th week of BESS right now and told me a couple of weeks ago, a kid in the fire fighting trainer was hurt pretty bad when the water was cut in too quickly, hose got away from him, and the nozzle hit him in the head. Guess the kid ended up in the hospital. Other than that I haven't heard about anything at BESS.

11/30/2005 6:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home