Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, December 16, 2005

Meteor-wrongs

I love geeky science web sites. Via Science Magazine's site, I found this collection of rocks that people have thought were meteorites; by clicking on the pictures, it tells you why it's probably not a meteorite.

I also love geeky science memory aids. One of my favorites is from Scott Adams, writer of Dilbert.blog, discussing how to remember the difference between stalactites and stalagmites:

"Remember, stalagmites might stick to the ceiling, but they don't"

2 Comments:

Blogger submandave said...

My method for remembering those was always that stalagtites have to hold on "tite" to stay on the ceiling.

12/16/2005 12:27 PM

 
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

Next time you're in Southwest Oregon, try to visit the Oregon Caves.
If you're not claustrophobic, that is.

12/17/2005 9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home