Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, December 30, 2005

Whiny Pac 10 Teams Are Funny

For the second year in a row, a Pac 10 football team that whined about being left out of the BCS games proved that they didn't belong, losing to a 4-loss Big 12 team. Last year, it was Cal who whined continuously after being snubbed by the Rose Bowl, then went on to lose (badly) to Texas Tech. Last night, it was Oregon's turn to whine, then lose.

To me, this is like the teams that whine when they're left out of the NCAA basketball tournament; I say that if they go on to win the NIT, then I'll listen to their complaints. Until then, do your talking on the field (or court).

Speaking of football, there's a little controversy here in Boise; it seems a pre-game bowl function that was supposed to honor both teams turned into a BSU pep rally. Since I live here, I won't provide my own opinions, but here's what some other people had to say.

Going deep...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're talking about football?? I thought this was supposed to be a forum for intelligent conversation....


RM1(SS) (ret)

12/30/2005 3:01 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Intelligent conversation? Here? (Well, maybe in the comments). You must have been thinking you were at Chapomatic. Pull my finger!

12/30/2005 7:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband was also whining about the Oregon/Oklahoma game but for a different reason. It just made him work a little harder.

12/31/2005 11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home