Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Increasing Campus Diversity In Idaho

Back in June, I gave a "trip report" discussing our journey to take our daughter to college. Here's what I said about the political situation on campus:

"At the "Info Fair" for new students, I was surprised to see a sign advertising a debate between "College Republicans" and "College Democrats" at the BYU-I College Republican's booth. I asked if they had any actual organized Democrats at the school, and they said, "Not yet, but we're trying to find some so they can organize and we can have debates". BYU-Idaho is a little different than most schools..."

Via 43rd State Blues, I find that the BYU-I College Democrats have finally organized, and they even have a blog! I particularly enjoyed this entry (a reprint of a newspaper article, apparently) about their debate on whether to include the word "Democrat" on a flier they hoped to distribute.

Anyway, it looks like they're off to a good start. Seriously, I'm happy to see a college political website that links to both the Democratic and Republican National Committee sites. Good for them! We could use more polite civil discourse nowadays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home