Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Nuke School Flashback

My previous post about "clamp(ing) down severely on... clothing of women" reminded me that the SI swimsuit issue is coming out this week. In honor of this, I present a picture that all you nukes out there probably figured you'd never see again:

Yep, it's the "fission yield curve", known back in the day as the "Dolly Parton curve", and before that as the "Mae West curve". I'm sure that now they call it something different, like the "Jessica Simpson curve". Actually, since there are now persons of gender going to Nuke School, maybe they don't give it any nickname at all.

On a personal note, I'd like to point out that, although I subscribe to Sports Illustrated, I haven't seen the swimsuit issue at all the last two years. I think my oldest son "confiscates" it to protect my moral compass...

5 Comments:

Blogger WillyShake said...

Quoting Bubblehead: "...persons of gender..."

bwahahahaha! oh. *sigh* LOL *wiping tears* *sigh* LOL.

ahem, er. ...Dunno, but it was just so funny to read the PC term in a post about (essentially) winnebagoes.

2/16/2006 5:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH HA - you seemed to be a likely candidate for NBC NCO - One of my jobs in Korea!

2/16/2006 12:43 PM

 
Blogger bothenook said...

we have an asia PhD that calls it the Mae Ling curve. don't know who she is, but i figger she must be packing.

2/16/2006 2:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now that Persyns of Gender are attending nuke school, it just may be that they will have their secret name for it...the Dual Ended D*ldo or some such idiocy.

Looks more like a mammogram to me.

2/17/2006 10:11 AM

 
Blogger jeffox said...

Lilly Langtry curve?? :)

2/18/2006 1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home