Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blog Posts I've Been Reading -- Plus Bonus Art Photography!

My good friend bothenook has a great post up on getting your dolphins. (For the record, I'm pretty sure I still have my qual card tucked away somewhere; plus, I'm pretty sure I still have my command qual card, too.)

Retired Geezer at Blog Idaho has a post up about the legislative movement to outlaw protests at funerals in response to asshat Fred Phelps -- he "decorated" his post with one of the pictures I took at the Carrie French funeral, and was kind enough to send some the Ace of Spades traffic he got my way.

I've also updated three of the five posts immediately below this one instead of generating new content.

Finally, a "Moment of Zen" from yesterday -- I call it "Sunset Basketball, Meridian, Idaho, 07March2006":

I suppose an artsy-fartsy name like "Fromage, Le Chat" would be more sophisticated, but I'm an engineer, not an artist.

Update 0724 09 March: Molten Eagle, with prodding, celebrates his first blogiversary!

4 Comments:

Blogger jeffox said...

Howzabout "West of Fargo"? :)

Seriously, very nice pic.

The west is the best. . . get in, and we'll do the rest
- Morrison

3/09/2006 1:34 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Thanks! I was hoping the colors of the sunset through the clouds would show up better; it really was interesting to see... alas, 'twas not to be...

3/09/2006 6:49 AM

 
Blogger girlfriday said...

A lovely photo. We have the best sunsets.

By the by, why do we need a law banning protests at funderals? Whatever happened to community action? Is it really necessary to pass some fresh new law stating the obvious? Or is the Legislature's way of trying to take a stand against Phelps when Bieter just tucked his tail between his legs and ran?

3/09/2006 12:33 PM

 
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

The photo was great. Good contrast between the court reflection and the sky. Nice silhouettes of the trees.

This from a guy who takes zillions of photos of sunrises and sunsets.

3/11/2006 8:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home