Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Boys Are Back In Town

My first boat, USS Topeka (SSN 754), returned home from WestPac yesterday. According to a story posted at The Sub Report (original story is the 3rd one down here, but I think the article switches the CO's names in talking about the mid-deployment change of command, since CDR Correll was the old CO), the boat will be used for filming of the TV show "24" later this month -- one of the "benefits" of being a San Diego boat.

In addition to being my first boat, Topeka also hosted tours for my retirement ceremony back in 2004, which meant a lot to me. CDR Correll's graciousness in doing that for me makes up for his previous life as a detailer in my book, and the two consecutive Battle E awards the boat's won indicate that she's once again at the top of her game.

Update 2141 06 April: Here's another family reunion picture from Topeka's homecoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home