Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Picture Of My Old Boat

I've been working messing around with the blog's template a little bit, and wanted to see if I could incorporate this picture of my old boat, USS Connecticut (SSN 22). You'll know if I was successful if you see the same picture in the upper left corner of the header.

Update 0013 12 June: Remodel is done for now; please let me know in the comments if the blog doesn't come out right for you now. (For me, it looks fine on Firefox, but a little squirrelly on Internet Explorer -- I had to go down to the "smaller" text size to make it line up right on the top).

Update 2234 12 June: Based on the feedback, I changed the header back to the default until my html "skillz" get a little better; I did leave the "description" part in the more readable color and font, and changed the title from all lowercase to mixed (I found how to do that by accident -- it turns out that if you change "lowercase" to "uowercase" in the template, it comes out with normal capitalization -- who'da thunk it?)

Update 2304 12 June: I think I will change my profile pic, though:

This is me standing DOOW on USS Topeka back in 1992...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck in your remodel! Great layout idea by the way.

6/12/2006 12:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! Why change your old banner?
TSSBP looks a little akward, the picture looks good, but a little too biggish maybe try making it smaller just a tad, and if you do that you might want to change your
font as well. The captioning is a
teeny bit bold as well. But this isn't a critique of your work, its just messin'around, right?

6/12/2006 4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to give some constructive critisicism here and say it sucks. The title of the blog should be on 1 line, not 2, and the picture is what causes this not to happen. So when you remodel, take this into account.

Your most loyal reader(yeah right),
Deepdiver

6/12/2006 9:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can tell that pic is authentic because the BQS15 is secured and shrink-wrapped. The new version of that equipment is super high-speed and actually useful...

6/14/2006 12:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call any large, expensive and heavy piece of sonar equipment a BQS-15 when its sole function is to hold the Messenger's coffee mug.

6/14/2006 10:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

It is good to hear that some of you like the BQS-15 (EC-17 & EC-18). I’m the scientist at ARL:UT who developed the display software for EC-17 and EC-18. I also designed the quad Transputer cards that do most of the signal processing. I would like to know how often you used the 3-D capability, as I put a lot of time into its development. I am retiring soon and therefore not working of EC-19.

George

11/20/2008 4:13 PM

 
Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

Yeah, but it's not fair being a former nuke having to work on the BQS-15 sonar (actually, just the cover)which i had to do for the sail of my old boat. ...just try getting parts for for the sail of a scrapped 688!

7/16/2012 8:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home