Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, June 30, 2006

Scenes From The Life Of Parents Of Teenagers

Overheard in our minivan last night, when we were dropping off our oldest son at the bowling alley, and we saw some of the girls he was meeting standing right where we had to let him out:

Me: "Ha-ha. Those girls are gonna see you getting dropped off by your parents."
Rob: "Big pimpin', yo."

Left me speechless...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its fun embarrassing teenagers, isn't it?

7/01/2006 9:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll admit to my ignorance. Could you please translate...

7/01/2006 8:17 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Actually, I looked it up on the Urban Dictionary site, and it says it means either "wicked cool" or "engaging in a lifestyle of conspicuous materialism", as in "I'm so successful I hired my Dad to be my chauffer". He wasn't actually on a "date" -- he can't do that until he's 16 -- but it was just a bunch of guys and a bunch of girls (6 and 4, respectively) meeting at the bowling alley.

7/02/2006 12:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home