Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th Of July!

In honor of our nation's 230th birthday, I present you with a neat picture and a word of caution. First, the picture, of the Submarine Centennial monument at the Naval Academy:

Lastly, the friendly caution: "He who has a fifth on the 4th will likely not go forth on the 5th." Be safe, everyone.

Bell-ringer 0611 05 July: SonarMan has a report from SubFest at Subase NLON, which traditionally occurs right around the 4th.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry you have to get to posts like the one above from a low life spammer. You have a great site. Keep up the good work. Bravo Zulu.

7/04/2006 7:03 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

I removed the spam post the commenter above mentioned. If the spammers are going to the trouble of having someone go through the comment verification, they've apparently opened up a new front in the war against spamments.

7/04/2006 9:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome monument from the academy! I'll have to go see it some day. I don't see anything wrong with the picture, by the way. Maybe it's someone's dirty mind...

Check out my blog on the SubFest at the sub base.

Sean

7/04/2006 8:23 PM

 
Blogger SC said...

It is a bit "phallic".

7/04/2006 10:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonarman,

Maybe it's someone's dirty mind...

Judging from the last post, I suspect we have a contender. ;)

7/04/2006 11:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent greeting! One of a kind - THANKS! Hope your 4th was the way you wanted it to be.

7/05/2006 1:46 AM

 
Blogger Fred said...

Oh great, now I'm going to have to get on the exchange program between RMC and USNA so I can go check out that monument for myself.

Thanks bubblehead!

7/07/2006 7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home