Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, October 02, 2006

A Sad Loss For Idaho

I was going to blog tonight about the state of Idaho politics in the last month before the election, but given the news of the tragic death of former Representative Helen Chenoweth-Hage in a car accident earlier today, I think I'll hold off for a bit. Dennis Mansfield offers some personal memories, and Adam also offers his thoughts. Sympathy is also expressed over at the campaign blog of Larry Grant, who's running for the seat she once held.

Update 2243 02 October: I almost hesitate to link to this, but I think it's important to remember the state of unthinking hate the unbalanced left has allowed themselves to drift into; that being said, check out the responses to the story of Helen's death over at Democratic Underground. Disgusting.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bubblehead,

I searched in vain for a single sympathetic comment or one that acknowledged the tragedy for her family at her unexpected passing.

I regret trying. Waste of time.

10/03/2006 4:59 AM

 
Blogger girlfriday said...

Bubblehead,

I know you weren't a big fan. (Wack job is one term I think you've used.) But you're showing some real character here. Way to go.

10/03/2006 8:19 AM

 
Blogger SC said...

I wouldn't say those things about my worst enemy. What a bunch of crazies. It's absolutely revolting.

10/03/2006 9:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BH - When you vote democrat you give power to the loonies on DU.
Here in MA we are saddled with them, but it appears you have a choice.

10/03/2006 10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a fan of hers. This is very sad news. Thanks for being a stand up guy about it. You're an honorable man, BH.

10/03/2006 11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just like those sickos protesting military funerals. Listin, this is America, so it's okay not to like something or someone. It's even okay to be happy about something as bad as this. But, goddamn people, there's such a thing as respect for the dead. Keep it to yourself.

10/03/2006 12:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a litmus test for you when it comes to choosing political parties: do you seriously believe that you'd find a Republican Party counterpart to the Democratic Underground? There is no such thing.

Character counts...and people either stand up, or lie down.

10/03/2006 7:37 PM

 
Blogger saraeanderson said...

Hello? Ever hung around freerepublic.com?

10/03/2006 8:28 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Not agreeing with someone's politics doesn't mean you have to dislike them as a human being -- especially when they're consistent in their beliefs, which I respect. And Anonymous, Sara's right; the Freepers at their worst spew out just as much hate as the DUmmies.

10/03/2006 10:35 PM

 
Blogger Zoe Brain said...

I've was chucked off DU for what I said. I was erased from FR because of who I was.

10/09/2006 2:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home