Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Busy Busy...

Sorry for the minimal posting this weekend; I went to dinner last night with some Boise-area bloggers (I was the reason Adam had to put in the "non-liberal" caveat), and spent today at church, a nephew's birthday party, and doing my taxes. (Plus, I watched some golf.) Re: taxes, for the 24th year in a row I got more money from the federal government than I had to pay in, so I really can't complain.

I did have a little bit of 'net time, but I'm spending that in an interesting discussion over at Julie's place (who was the only one of what I'm pretty sure are the five "most-visited" Boise area bloggers who wasn't at the dinner last night).

Update 2246 28 Jan: While I won't complain about federal taxes, I fully reserve the right to bitch about Idaho state income taxes. While the property taxes here are (relatively) low, the income tax rate in Idaho is 7.8% on everything over about $24K. As a result, our state income tax liability is over half of what we have to pay in federal taxes. And yet, most of the complaining I hear from Idahoans comes from whining over property taxes...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ATTN: Bubble Head

please share with us more details on the Boise bloggers convention

lookin' at your update it seems that taxes were a hot topic

BTW - are you gonna revisit the issue concerning the increased probability of US attacking Iran (? Gleiwitz)

~ theDdoubleSstandard

1/29/2007 5:11 AM

 
Blogger Julie Fanselow said...

Yikes. I was going to ask why I didn't get a dinner invitation - but I don't think I would have had much of an appetite. And I'm not talking about the fact it was at Chuck-a-rama, either.

1/29/2007 2:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've heard about the drunk who wakes up in a gutter, has a moment of clarity, an epiphany, realizes he or she has hit bottom, who recognizes behavior so destructive and unacceptable that it must change? Behavior that makes one question one's values and mores? Behavior that just screams, in a screech that cannot be ignored, that the person's life practices cannot be sustained?

If you ever find yourself watching fishing or golf on TV, possibly even men's tennis and especially men's figure skating, you have hit bottom and need to seek professional help. Seriously. WTF can you possibly be thinking? Oh, that's right, you're watching golf/fishing, you're not thinking.

1/29/2007 9:31 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Julie,
Oh, I think you would have had lots of fun there. (I'm starting to realize that I might be the only Idaho political blogger with my feet in both "camps" -- it's an interesting feeling. I did get in almost a shouting match when the subject of Bill Sali came up.)

Alan,
You'll note that I also say in my profile that I enjoy watching TV shows where stupid people get hurt -- I already know where I stand on the "watches too much worthless TV" scale.

1/29/2007 9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home