Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, January 22, 2007

"Blue Monday"

Some psychologist in England decided that, because of unpaid Christmas bills, nasty weather, and failed New Year's resolutions, today was supposed to be the gloomiest day of the year. I read the story this morning, but knew that today wouldn't be gloomy for me, because a new episode of Heroes was going to be on tonight, and the almost two month hiatus was going to be over!

Unfortunately, it turned out to be the lamest episode of Heroes ever -- basically just a "reset" of all the storylines and some recaps to allow people who hadn't seen the first half of the season to catch up. Luckily, the day was essentially over by the time the episode finished, so I didn't have time to feel gloomy. (Plus, I got an E-mail from an old buddy who had found me through this blog, so I ended the day feeling pretty good.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I wanted to watch Heroes, I opted to tape it and watch 24 instead. Sounds like it was a wise choice, based on your review. I hate that they put Heroes opposite 24, but Jack Bauer will always win out as far as I'm concerned.
On the downside, when I went to the other TV to check the status of the VCR that was supposed to be recording Heroes, I saw the tape had ejected itself somewhere midway. Oops. I guess I'll catch it on one of the multiple reruns...

1/23/2007 12:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ATTN: bubblehead

here is something to consider offering to your readers

1) ask them how they presently feel

then

2) ask them to read the article about "Blue Monday"

and then

3) ask them how they now feel

but here is an even better experiment

a) ask your readers to quantify the likelyhood of Pres. Bush's SoTU speech making a difference

then

b) ask the same question after hearing the SoTU

~ theDdoubleSstandard

1/23/2007 7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home