Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Really Great Song

I've been working on my trip report for my recent visit to the Penny Arcade Expo (a bunch of gamers getting together in Seattle), but it's still a day or so off. There was one song I heard there that I feel I can't in good conscience hold off any longer from introducing to those of you who haven't heard it yet. It's called "Code Monkey", by Jonathan Coulton, who opened up the Saturday night concert. If you've ever worked in a techie cube farm, it'll be your theme song as soon as you hear it. Here's a video populated by World of Warcraft characters:



(Note: I didn't even recognize these were WoW characters until I saw the end credits. I have never played WoW.) If the hard-driving electric guitar version of the song is too much for you, there's also an acoustic version.

3 Comments:

Blogger WillyShake said...

Prayers & best wishes for a safe and enjoyable trip! May you return with many fond memories of time spent together.

8/30/2007 4:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great video/song. If you follow the acoustic link, I would also like to recommend "Eat your brains," the touching story of a Zombie and his friend.

8/30/2007 2:25 PM

 
Blogger Patrick Hrabe said...

Jonathan Coulton is one of my favorite musicians! From SEP05 to SEP06, he produced one new song a week for his "Thing a Week" series of albums. That is crazy creative output! (Which does not stink...) I've learned to play four or five of his songs on guitar and his song "Re: Your brains" is the featured song on my MySpace page. Great post, Bubblehead!

8/30/2007 8:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home