Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, September 28, 2007

Congratulations To The Sub Report!

In becoming the best source for submarine news around the 'net, Eric at The Sub Report has earned a devoted following; I check out his page a couple of times a day. As an example of how much interest there is in submarines, check out TSR's Sitemeter, and you'll notice a milestone just got passed.

Eric got his one millionth page view sometime yesterday -- that's quite a feat! Even though his site started recording visitors probably a year or so after mine did, he beat me to 1,000,000 page views with a couple weeks to spare. (I'm still in the lead with unique visits, and will probably be passing the 500,000 visit mark about the same time I pass the 1,000,000 page view plateau sometime next month -- not that blog traffic is a competition or anything; after all, submariners are never competitive, right?)

Congratulations, Eric!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I know this is not pertaining to the blog entry, but my dad was in the navy and was a nuc on the USS San Francisco. He was statione din Norfolk, Va where i grew up. I recently heard a man's speech at a Army Seminar. I was really moved and I know that he wrote book on the accident that happened in Guam to the USN-711. I was just wondering if you had any information on the book or the author, or anything for that matter. I am really interested in finding it. If you could help i would greatly appreciate it. Please e-mail me at schneiderEN@chc.edu.

Thank you so much,

Erin Schneider

9/28/2007 2:25 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Erin,
I'm not familiar with that book, but I'll write to some of the men who were on the San Francisco during the grounding and ask them if they know about it.

9/28/2007 2:53 PM

 
Blogger esryle said...

Thank You for the note Joel.
That milestone slipped right pass me. Too busy looking for sub stories.. Anyhow Shipmates… Its been a pleasure providing a news source for the submarine community

9/28/2007 10:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home