Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Blegging Writ Large

(I'm pinning this post to the top of the main page until voting is complete on 08 Nov. Please vote for "The Stupid Shall Be Punished" every 24 hours.)

The 2007 Weblog Awards





This is more than a "bleg" -- begging by a blogger. This is a "super-bleg", because I'm asking you not only to vote for me in "Best of the Top 5001-6750 Blogs" category of the 2007 Weblog Awards, but I'm also asking you to open up your wallets and pocketbooks to support our wounded troops as part of the annual "Project Valour-IT" fundraising drive. Click on the above icon to the right every 24 hours to vote for "The Stupid Shall Be Punished", and click on the "Make a Donation" tab on the icon to the left once before November 11th to help injured servicemen and women get a voice-activated laptop they can use to keep in touch with their loved ones and learn new skills. (If you're a blogger, you can also join "Team Navy/Coast Guard" to help this year's Valour-IT fundraising drive, which runs through Veteran's Day.)

Thanks for your time and help... it really is appreciated.

Update 2335 08 Nov: Thanks to all my loyal supporters, I finished a very respectable 3rd this year. Congratulations to Simply Left Behind on winning! And please -- if you haven't done so, consider contributing to Project Valour-IT; the fundraising drive runs through Monday.

16 Comments:

Blogger Miss Ladybug said...

I'm blegging, too, for a different cause.

11/02/2007 1:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Bubblehead.

FWIW, milblogs were the lead item on the Friday digest at my new home:

http://democracyspace.typepad.com/democracyspaceorg/2007/11/friday-digest-o.html

11/02/2007 4:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just click my name for that link ... sorry! (Dang Blogger!)

11/02/2007 4:25 PM

 
Blogger LBJ said...

click click. .

now have to wait another 24 hours.

Congratulations. . You're going to smoke them. . . and for good reason.

11/03/2007 11:38 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Thanks, everyone!

And Julie, did you notice that "Army of Dude", a milblog you mentioned, is up for the "Best MilBlog" award?

11/03/2007 12:05 PM

 
Blogger CDR Salamander said...

Got my vote!

11/03/2007 3:27 PM

 
Blogger Thers said...

Good luck with the contest. My official position on it is that I don't care about it, but since you seem to, why, I'll even go ahead & vote for your blog.

Don't ever say an angry progressive never did anything for you.

--Thers (Whiskey Fire)

11/04/2007 11:49 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Thanks, Thers! You're my new favorite angry progressive! (Sorry, BinkyBoy...)

11/04/2007 12:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I've been votin' for you, no problem there. My pleasure to do so.

But re: the Navy Valour IT? Yeah, I'm gonna pass. In fact, because Lex threatened those animals I've posted my own "action plan".

Go Army! ;-)

Tammi

11/05/2007 3:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm voting for you, but it's time for the payoff by way of answering a question:

What is going on with USS San Francisco...? Rumormill has it that she will actually be decommed rather than given a nose job.

Source: CAPT John D. Shaw, USN (Ret) at the Sandia National Laboratories Shaw Awards Dinner (see page 20 of this link: http://www.system-safety.org/~issc_2006/Shaw-awards%20dinner%20thursday.pdf)

11/05/2007 10:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Previous note: Make that page 21.

11/05/2007 10:25 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Everything I've heard is that San Fran is being refurbished with Honolulu's front end, and that work is still on-going. Anyone else heard differently?

11/05/2007 11:15 AM

 
Blogger Carl said...

I'll do Thers one better: I donated ;-)

11/05/2007 12:50 PM

 
Blogger Thers said...

Hey, nix! I voted for you 2 days ago, but I'm no making endorsements. Today I voted for Actor 212 at Simply Left Behind. Just to spread the Love. (I understand that I can't withdraw my blog, which I'd like to do -- the competition is distracting me from my main purpose in blogging: thinking up new permutations of the-f-word to fling at unsuspecting conservatives.)

As for $, I'm giving through my buds at LGM. (Once I get paid again, anyway).

11/05/2007 3:49 PM

 
Blogger Carl said...

Bubs, nice race. You ran hard, and you had a nice turnout.

Best of luck to you and your blog.

11/08/2007 3:11 PM

 
Blogger Cameron said...

Congrats on #3

11/09/2007 12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home