Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Submariners Are Famous!

We're so famous, we got mentioned in today's Pearls Before Swine, an excellent comic strip that runs in my daily paper. (Of course, it took an alert reader to turn me on to the strip, because I didn't make it to reading the funnies yet.) Here it is:

For those who are wondering what a different type of "controlled sub stance" might look like, here's a good video of it (bad word warning!) that I posted last year.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the controled sub stance has got to be better than a certain Senator's "wide stance"

10/12/2008 4:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other news: "Boise, Idaho gets earliest snow on record."

10/12/2008 6:23 PM

 
Blogger T said...

I don't really get the joke in the comic strip... Now, maybe if they were talking about the "Front Leaning Rest" stance...

10/12/2008 8:14 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I was on the ferry to the Seahawks vs. Packers game (Yeah Packers!) and saw the strip. I was planning to rush right home to let you know about it. Someone beat me to it. Great video link.

10/12/2008 9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Democratic leader has outed Obama as a fraud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6_k3NtXZs

This is truly a must-see...!

10/13/2008 4:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Direct link:

Obama outed by Democratic leader as a fraud

10/13/2008 4:47 AM

 
Blogger richard said...

Joel, did you see the Navy Times article about the "Submarine" at the Air Force Academy?

It was great!

10/13/2008 10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home