Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, February 25, 2005

Friday Night Cat-Blogging

As long as I've been visiting the blogosphere, the tradition of Friday night cat-blogging has existed. Since I don't have pictures on my blog, I haven't participated so far, but today I took a picture that I have to share. First, some background.
We got our oldest of our two cats, Hercules, as a stray in Navy housing in Groton, CT, in early 1997; we had him neutered immediately. He's moved across the country with us 5 times (once by air) and knows that he owns the house. He's also seriously mentally disturbed in that he molests blankets. By "molest", I mean that he drags them from wherever they are out to an open area, be it a hallway or large room, often dragging it up or down stairs. When he finds a place that meets whatever criteria his flea-eaten brain has come up with, he starts slowly stepping on the blanket while holding a corner of it in his mouth, and meowing strangely. As I said earlier, he is neutered; we have no idea what he's thinking about. He normally does this at night right after we've gone to bed, or immediately after the kids leave in the morning. He also pees when he meets turtles, but that's another story.
So, this morning, as I was getting ready to leave, I heard the familiar yowling. I grabbed my camera, and found him outside my daughter's room with a blanket he had dragged off her bed. He dropped the piece of the blanket he had in his mouth just before I took this picture, but I think you can tell that the evidence is pretty incriminating. If the link above doesn't work, try here.

If that wasn't disturbing enough, check out bothenook's latest entry. I dare you not to laugh at the second item!

Going deep...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like one seriously P.O.’d cat. If you decide to go head to head against the cat, I got $5 on the cat!

2/25/2005 10:34 PM

 
Blogger mcgibfried said...

so how long has that cat been eating neighborhood children... from that angle, i would guess 6 months.

2/25/2005 10:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home