Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, April 17, 2005

"Funniest Item" Nomination

Most days, Ninme posts an "Absolutely Funniest Item of the Day". I have one that I think is pretty good, from Michelle Malkin. Time Magazine is running a cover story on Ann Coulter, and on their web site, they have up some pictures on the subject. The denizens of The Free Republic noticed something humorous about one of the pictures. The caption for the picture is: "Protesters blast Coulter at the G.O.P. Convention in New York City last year". Take a close look, and see if you can see what's wrong.
These signs come from a clever group called the Protest Warriors, who mock and belittle moonbats by slipping into their rallies and marches with signs that, at first glance, seem to support their causes, but actually display the frequent illogic of the reflexive anti-everythings. (Citizen Smash is one of the more famous Protest Warriors.) I especially like the "Criminals for Gun Control" sign in the background.
I wonder how long it'll be before Time takes the picture down?

3 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

Both are pretty good, but I think your choice has a much better chance of still being around on the web tomorrow. I'm wondering if they might have included that picture in the hard-cover edition; I guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

4/18/2005 12:22 AM

 
Blogger bothenook said...

looks like they figured it out. they've changed the caption.

4/18/2005 10:07 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

I got my copy today; they have the old caption, but they have the most humorous parts cut off (like the "Communists for Kerry" at the top of the Coulter sign.

4/20/2005 12:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home