Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, May 08, 2005

"Don't Repress Me With Your So-Called 'Logic'"

I was going to have a nice snarky post about the wacko French "documentarians" and nutjob British engineer who have the "Memphis and/or Toledo sank the Kursk" story back in the news, but WillyShake beat me to it, and I really can't improve on what he says. I did dig up a tin-foil hat website (WARNING: this guy is really a couple cans short of a six-pack) that has some on the pictures the moonbats used in coming up with their "theory". The easiest way to dismiss the theory is to remember that many of the people were selling it by saying, "The fact that the Memphis came into port is proof that they had a collision, since nuclear submarines never pull into port when they're on deployment." Alternately, we can remember that French nutjobs were behind the "Flight 77 never hit the Pentagon, but instead Bush planted a bomb there" theory.

Going deep... (unless this story has legs...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lubber's Line said...

Posted a little satire on this and conspiracy theory at my blog.
Tin-foil Central with Satire

5/08/2005 10:51 PM

 
Blogger Vigilis said...

Viewed dent photos from your post at WillyShake's and noticed things out of kilter right away: in the 2nd ("Close up of hole") photo a perfect corner of a large square patch overlaps the alleged torpedo entrance hole. Also, the hole has a perfect roundness as if it were a thrustor port for ship yaw control. Either way it almost certainly has to be a doctored image.

5/09/2005 12:33 AM

 
Blogger WillyShake said...

oops...I really didn't mean to "scoop" you on this one at all (in fact, I am much more comfortable following your cue on sub stories)--as a matter of fact, I kept worrying that I was beating a horse that you had already pronounced DOA.

Not to worry...conspiracies seem to abound these days--not even the French have a monopoly on them! LOL.

5/09/2005 10:24 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

No problem, WillyShake; I was going to blog it after I got back from church, but decided to get some lawn work in before the threatened rain came... Break... in your post, you asked me to see what Democratic Underground had to say. They've said nothing so far, I suspect because the supposed deal was between Putin and Clinton, and they don't like making Clinton look bad over there...

5/09/2005 10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home