Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, July 08, 2005

Hercules the Molester

Since I work nights, I figure I should get my Friday night catblogging done early. A couple of weeks ago, I posted a couple of pictures of our cat Hercules molesting a blanket. The day after I posted those shots, my youngest son, Pantherfan, snapped this pic of Hercules molesting two blankets at once!



The careful observer may notice that these poor blankets are still on the couch, and not laid out on the floor like Hercules' earlier victims. It seems that he has become less, ummm, 'discriminating in his affections' of late. Just this week, we came home and found a dishtowel that had been hauled upstairs and laid out in the familiar manner of one of Hercules' "friends".

A reader asked me how Hercules normally "makes his move" on his potential conquests. It started a few years ago, when we lived in Connecticut. We'd occasionally find this pink blanket from our daughter's room had somehow moved downstairs, and we wondered how it got there. Then, one night, I was downstairs watching TV, and I saw Hercules dragging the blanket down the stairs with his teeth. Lately, he hasn't had the strength, or patience, to wait that long. He'll normally drag his victim a few feet until it's laid out straight, straddle it, grab a piece of it in his mouth, and start this really disturbing yowling as he slowing moves his back feet up and down. When you come down to see what's happening, he'll stop what he's doing, but doesn't seem the least embarrassed by his actions. My sons report they hear this yowling two or three times a week at night, and are afraid to come out of their rooms.

And yes, he was fixed about eight years ago...

3 Comments:

Blogger CDR Salamander said...

Reminds me of the time once on the Big E when I went down to 75 man berthing to get my RM1 and.......

7/08/2005 11:04 AM

 
Blogger Chevy Rose said...

I'm sure you've checked the area for flea dander(or jock itch)? ;)

7/10/2005 11:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, fix him again!

7/12/2005 7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home