Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, August 29, 2005

A Small Confession...

As those of you who have read this site for a while know, I have a disturbing obsession: following the antics of the wacky moonbats over at the Democratic Underground discussion boards. I don't know why I delight in the self-inflicted misery of these poor, deluded people; as others have said, it's as if they're the inmates of some insane asylum, looking out from their padded cells at the people on the outside and wondering why they just don't get it. In the same way some people like to watch slow-motion train wrecks, I enjoy reading the unintended self-mocking world within which these sad souls choose to live.

The thing is, there are clearly people who post over there as a joke, and I don't know how many of the most outlandish threads are from people like me who enjoy seeing the reaction they get to holding forth on the latest BushKKKrime (Bush caused the Asian tsunami, the Louisiana National Guard is wrong to try to stop looters; the list goes on). I feel that posting over there would be like messing with a giant sociology experiment, but I wanted to try my hand at writing moonbatty rants. That's why I was so happy when I found BlameBush!. There, I could write the most outlandish comments I could come up with, and other commenters would top them. I was home at last.

Now, for people who feel the same way about feminism that I do about tin-foil-hatters, the beautiful and talented Cassandra has led me to a new website in the BlameBush! mold: feministing.org. (Warning: this website contains bad words!) The "womyn" who run this website are brilliant; there's no other word for it. Check out this passage from their latest entry:

"But I’ve come-across a recent article which confirms my best suspicions: It seems that the Swedish government’s equality office is 90% female! What better way to ensure gender-balance than to entrust it to such a gender-balanced group? This is exactly what us feminists mean whenever we rant about “equality”:
The Swedish government’s unit for coordinating equality policies and distributing funding to equality organisations has come under fire for its own inequality: only 3 out of 28 employees are men.
“It’s not good. A more equal gender balance is important to show that they are serious about these issues,” said Eva Nikell at the Equality Ombudsman’s office, Jämo, to TT.
"Whoa there Eva, back-up for a sec. “Not good”? What’s not good about it?
A department that is 90% female is already gender-balanced!
"Look, when an organization is over 50% male it deserves an hour-long foot-stomping tirade on the sexism inherent in such an institution. But as soon as an organization has a disproportionate surplus of wymin among its staff, then gender-equality is no longer important.
"We demand gender-parity, except for the places which already have a female-majority. That’s when the need for equality vanishes like magic. POOF!
"And to extend the same femi-reasoning: a department which is 100% female would be the most balanced department you could ever find anywhere. It would deserve rapturous applause and acclaim for being so progressive on gender equality. Ahh, it brings a tingling sensation to my thighs just thinking about it."


I bow down before the authors of such incredible satire...

Update 2003 29 Aug: It turns out that feministing.org is a take-off on a real feminist website, feministing.com (which is unintentionally funny). Check out the differences between the icons in the top left corner of each site if you get a chance.

Another thing that amuses me about many liberals is their complete inability to appreciate humor. ["Who has time to be funny while the Bushitler/Cheney/Halliburton/Major League Baseball corporate fascists are ruining the world", they'll explain.] For an example, check out this post from someone who doesn't appreciate what feministing.org is trying to do.

Update 0902 30 Aug: Kind of off topic -- check out this post at CDR Salamander's place for anecdotes of how the academic left really "supports the troops".

5 Comments:

Blogger Vigilis said...

Fun you call it? Knowing voters can be that emotional is what took Hitler to power. Knowing they can be so hateful of white men will not be fun next time their ilk is in power. Recommend you check out THE BRAD BLOG (http://www.bradblog.com/), another nest of seething, rabid
underground democrats. It has to be one of their main nests.

8/29/2005 9:24 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

I'm sorry, I think they're just hilarious. I'm of the opinion that there's no way the rabid ideologues of the left will ever be able to get any meaningful power (due mostly to their own internal catfights), so that's why I'm able to laugh at them. (And yes, in answer to your likely question, I don't think that either Clinton actually qualifies as a rabid ideologue -- they just want power, and will take any politically-expedient position to get it; that being said, I doubt that Hillary could get over 45% of the vote in 2008.)

8/29/2005 9:34 PM

 
Blogger Vigilis said...

You are correct. Lets laugh whenever we can; life is too short to let yhe morons ruin it. Remember to wear protection of identity (anonymnity) when engaging them in debates, however. They only want to believe the MSM, listen to each others' rants, and villify the citizens lawyers want least to be on juries.

8/29/2005 10:13 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Interesting point about various perceptions of the MSM; if you read the moonbat sites, they distrust the mainstream press as much as we do.

8/30/2005 8:26 AM

 
Blogger ayura said...

I am glad I found this post. it helped me with something I was thinking about. Nice blog!
its been great while going through ur website....thnks

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

8/17/2009 12:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home