Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Intelligent Conversation...

...is to be had over at Chap's place. Excerpt from his thread on ship-buying:

"That said, I’ve seen some innovation. Guys in the Engineering Duty Officer community grok process improvement and contracting better than the average pogue, the multiyear ship purchase idea allows long lead time components (like, say, training yard workers) to be more efficiently done, and shifting to a capability-based procurement strategy royally torqued off the operators but seems to have helped the programmers (money people for programs, sort of)."

Compare and contrast this with an example thread from here at TTSBP:

"Naval Reactors... Gestapo or Soulless Automons?" (Sample quote: "I always thought they should have one boat set aside for ex-NR guys; kinda like the section of prison where they put the ex-cops.")

Or this one, where I thoughtfully opine: "I noticed when I was checking my referral log that my review of Stealth mentioned above is the #2 result on Yahoo Search for "Jessica Biel's belly button". Sweet..."

You know what you have to do... (try to work the word "kludge" into your comment over there, to retalitate for Chap's use of "grok" and "pogue".)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chap said...

This from the King Of Sub Blogging!

I sincerely dug the NR article and the resulting sea stories that came out of the comments!

You're too, too kind. It's all Salamander's fault, though.

You know, I just looed at the first article I ever published, and the first sentence used "sobriquet" and "keeping mum".

It's a disease, I tell you.

10/12/2005 8:33 PM

 
Blogger Chap said...

xxx "looked". PIMF.

10/12/2005 8:34 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

For those who need the translation, I'm pretty sure "pimf" stands for "preview is my friend".

10/12/2005 10:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home