Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cat-Blogging World Video Premiere

I know I should hold onto this until Friday, but I can't wait. Now, for the moment everyone (except girlfriday) has been waiting for -- the world premiere of "Hercules, The Blanket-Molesting Cat": (make sure you have your volume turned up, because there's an original song on the video)



Now, we recognize that we really can't sing, so you can't bug us by saying we can't. We actually can sing, but intentionally toned down our pipes in order to better match the absurd subject matter of the video. And

Bonus points to the first person who can figure out what song I was playing on the baritone at the beginning.

Update 2134 21 Feb: I might need to tech this out a little more; the embedded video doesn't seem to be playing. Until then, you can still click on the title to the post (or here) and be taken to Google Video to see the movie.

Update 0042 22 Feb: Still can't get it to play on my computer from this post. Has anyone had any luck getting the video to play on this page? Let me know if you do.

Update 0014 23 Feb: I think it works now in the screen above...

9 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

I'm not quite sure which is more disturbing, the song or the video. Seriously, don't ever sing again. Please.

Failure to comply might be refered to the UN Security Council.

2/21/2006 9:53 PM

 
Blogger WillyShake said...

absolutely HIGH-larious! but if you wanna see a REALLY fat cat, I've gotta send you a pic of mine--that way you won't feel like bad kitty parents or anything. ha-ha.

Thanks for sharing!

2/21/2006 10:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When's the sequel due out.

2/22/2006 11:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/the-cat-piano-156034.php

2/22/2006 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Finally got the video bugs teched out. It turns out that when I republished the post, it truncatated the html for some reason, so the web page was defaulting to Macromedia flash player, at least for me. Therefore, I'm not going to republish anymore while I have it working, so that's why the stray "And" is still sitting in the post.

2/23/2006 1:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't "Duelling Banjos" you were playing, was it?

2/23/2006 2:53 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Red,
Yes, it was... good ear! (I thought is was an appropriate song given the video subject matter.)

2/23/2006 8:06 AM

 
Blogger Skippy-san said...

I'm waiting for the BrokeBack Hercules movie to come out! The S.O. loves cats and she really got a laugh out of this........

2/23/2006 2:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To ncdt(i) genest: you can say anything you want about my husband not being able to sing and put him down in any way, shape or form for he knows how to hold his on. However my son sang the song with his father joining in on the chorus so to say something about the song being disturbing, I feel, is putting my son down. So here is the mother Panther coming out stalking her pray(sp) ready to (I am not sure this will be right or not) pounce(sp). You see I think my son held his own pretty darn good. I am the mother and think he can do no wrong. His father well---but then I did married him so what does that say about me, that might in title me to another basket......

2/24/2006 5:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home