Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

In Lieu Of In-Depth Posts...

... here're some "once around the 'net" and quick comment-type notes:

--CDR Salamander has a good discussion on the unintended humor you can find in articles about skimmers discussing ASW. I contributed to the comments.

--Blog Idaho has a good post up for anyone who liked "Super Size Me".

--Naked Conversations is trying to set up a "blog-meet" here in Boise on May 15th. I'm game...

--The Sub Report links to a story that tells us how the Brit sub guys are saying that "blue is the new black".

--I updated my post on the USS Columbus "hazing" story; it looks like the incident really happened, and was pretty bad.

--Ninme, as usual, is blogging up a storm. So is sub-blogger gus van horn.

--And finally, from back where I grew up, a picture from eastern Nebraska on the 1st day of spring:


Update 2357 21 March: More pictures of the "Blue Submarine" here -- plus WillyShake has an in-depth post on the subject.

2 Comments:

Blogger WillyShake said...

I hope you don't mind, but I blogged about the new blue hue of RN subs and crossposted it to Ultraquiet No More.

3/21/2006 6:06 AM

 
Blogger Mark Tempest said...

"Nebraska," loosely translated means, "Weather that drives people to move almost anywhere else."

And, yes, I did live in Bellevue, like all good SAC brats.

3/21/2006 3:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home