Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Submarine Photoshopping Contest

Eric over at The Sub Report blog has put together a contest for people who have mad skillz with Photoshop -- inspired by the shot of the Russian Typhoon near the beach that went around the sub-blogosphere a while ago, he's looking for people to submit their best "shot" of a submarine near the shore. Here's what's been submitted so far; if I had the skillz, I'd try to put something together that looked like the Asheville's crest -- I always thought it looked like their motto should be "We run aground"; here's what I mean:

Don't get me wrong -- I have the highest respect for the Asheville and her crew. It's just a really lame logo...

Update 0026 27 July: For proof that my Photoshopping skillz totally blow, take a gander at what I ended up submitting:

Update 0614 01 Aug: The results of the contest are posted!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have seen the Asheville emblem before EM2 Lemke fixed it during Precom.

And just for the record, USS Boise emblem is less lame than it was during Precom, but still doesn't strike fear in anybody's heart.

7/26/2006 5:20 AM

 
Blogger Alan said...

It looks to me like the submarine is smiling. Maybe they should add some doves in the background.

7/26/2006 8:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that Ashville's isn't as stupid as Seawolf's "drowning dog" patch:

http://www.subshipstore.com/submugs130.html

(middle pic)

RM1/SS

7/26/2006 2:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the Annapolis logo of "Born free, hope to die free". Who in their right mind came up with that?

7/26/2006 3:43 PM

 
Blogger EM1derful said...

Ok, I never was good at saying no to an Engineer.

http://static.flickr.com/64/199216886_24c42665c5_b.jpg

Although I like this one, and it's not even fake.

http://static.flickr.com/72/199216888_6e92127719_o.jpg

7/26/2006 7:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, looks good!

7/27/2006 5:33 AM

 
Blogger jeffox said...

I agree with Bullnav. Your photoshop-work has far more visual impact than the patch logo, imo.

7/27/2006 3:46 PM

 
Blogger esryle said...

Polls are Open for Voting!
http://www.thesubreport.com/votephoto

7/28/2006 8:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home