Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Worms -- Beware!

I got a call at work from SubBasket today: "Congratulations, Dad, we have new babies". I was startled for only a second, then I realized what she was talking about -- the robin's eggs we had seen in a nest in the oak tree in our front yard had hatched! When Mom was off getting some food for the youngsters, I snuck up and snapped this picture:

They look pretty hungry; I think they're going to keep the momma robin busy for the next several weeks. (She seems to be a pretty good provider, though; a little while later, we saw her sitting by the nest with a big fat worm hanging out of her bill.) So far we've only seen two babies, but we knew from previous recon missions that there were three eggs. I'll keep you posted on their progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home