Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Boise Area Memorial Day Weekend Garden Update

It's a great time of year to be in southwestern Idaho. As I was driving south of Boise today, I saw that the first cutting of brome grass had been taken in, and I was still able to see snow on the tops of the Owyhee Mountains to the south. In suburbia, the flowers are really starting to bloom in full force. Since my last update, the "wild" roses in our yard have really taken off, thusly:

We call them our "wild" roses because they're the only flowering plants in our backyard that survived the water being turned off for 11 months by the bank that owned the house before they sold it to us. As a result of their hardship, they have a little bit of an attitude, and won't stay in the nice pretty shapes into which SubBasket tries to mold them. I still like them, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the roses are beautiful! I also checked out the rest of your garden, it's obvious that you put in a lot of hard work & take a lot pride in your garden & rightfully so.

5/28/2007 6:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The roses you are talking about well, they're the bush kind. They have their own way of shaping themselves. Its not that hard to train them, but it does take patience.

Sincerely,
Jellybean

5/28/2007 2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home