Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

USS Florida Tomahawk Launch Video

Check out this YouTube video that looks like it was put together by the SubRon 16 Weapons shop; it has periscope and underwater camera footage of the TLAM launch USS Florida (SSGN 728) did in May. It's especially good for those who weren't really sure how the seven missile Multiple All-Up-Round canister works for the SSGN conversions:



The video's almost eight minutes long; a reader sent me a two minute version that I'm thinking of posting on YouTube for the more time-crunched viewer. If I do, I'll post the link.

5 Comments:

Blogger KingV said...

that was an awesome video, good find. Don't get to see enough of this stuff.

7/18/2007 11:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya, awesome video. I'm on the USS Florida and was abord for those launches and it was by far the coolest thing ive ever done. Its amazing how vast our technology is!!! Love This Boat!!!!



Nub A-ganger :)

7/21/2007 6:08 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great. Thanks for posting that. Is some of the hit footage the real deal? That one going into the side of a hill at the end looks like a LGB?

7/30/2007 5:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome video!! my husband is an a-ganger on the USS florida and was aboard for the launches. it was cool to get a glimpse of what they're doing out there while I'm stuck here at home waiting for an email!

8/06/2007 8:06 AM

 
Anonymous sex shop market said...

This won't actually have effect, I suppose like this.

10/27/2011 12:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home