Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Senator Barack Obama In Boise

Senator Obama came to Boise early this morning, and drew over 14,000 people to hear his stump speech. Let me repeat -- he drew over 14,000 in Boise, Idaho. I'm still standing pat on my prediction that Sen. McCain will beat Sen. Clinton in the general election, but if the Democrats are smart enough to nominate Sen. Obama, I think he'd win in November.

Don't get me wrong -- there's no way any Democrat wins Idaho's electoral votes in the fall. But if he can draw that many people here in Boise, it means he's tapped into something the country hasn't seen in a while; something to which I, as a realist, am apparently immune. I watched his speech on TV, and wasn't really that impressed. People who were there, however, reported that they were completely overwhelmed by his sincerity. Sincerity doesn't win wars, but it can win votes. If Sen. Obama can get the nomination, I think it'll be time for Republicans to focus on keeping at least 41 votes in the Senate.

7 Comments:

Blogger T.J. said...

Obama gives a good speech, but once you get past all the rhetoric, the nice suit, deep voice, chanting crowd, etc. he never says anything. He says nothing at all, just a lot of yes we cans and hope and other such platitudes. I went to his website a few weeks back to try to see if there is anything there and found what I figured. He thinks all of the money belongs to the government and it is up to tem to decide how much we can have of our pay - not the other way around.

I really wish there was a candidate with Obama's charisma and Ron Paul's integrity and ideas.

That being said, if Obama wins the nomination and runs agains either McCain the empire building warmonger or Romney the truth bending shyster then I just might vote for a Dem for the first time in my life....they all will keep s on our path to destruction, so we might as well go down with style right?

2/03/2008 5:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the current slate of phenomenally weak candidates, I'm voting for Nota this year.

("None of the Above")

Send 'em a message: give us a good candidate, or go fish.

2/03/2008 11:11 AM

 
Blogger reddog said...

T.J. is right. Obama's stump speech reminds me of that "Uniter not a Divider" guy a while back.

The American people are real slow learners.

2/03/2008 2:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty anti-republican in general, but I'm voting for McCain if he wins the primaries. Military service ought to be a prerequisite for anyone aspiring to be the CiC, and I'm not talking that BS that Bush the Younger thought was a military career. Heck, we should take a page from Heinlein and make military service a prerequisite for citizenship.

2/04/2008 8:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

RM1/SS

2/05/2008 7:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I have listened to Obama from
day one........sure he's a great
speaker on the hope....change for
the future......and hope and change for the future. What exactly does he mean when he says
hope??? What is he hoping for?
Then comes the repeated words change for the future...he says nothing because he doesnt come out
and tell you.

He has on military record, and what
the world is today,,,we need a commander in chief who knows what it's like to have fought in a war.
Which leaves us to John McCain who
has honorably served in the Military and faught in the war and was also held prisoner for 7 years.

John McCain may not be the speaker
that Barack Obama is but John McCain is the one with experience.


Our country needs to be protected
because if we don't you can be sure
that the very enemies we are fighting right now will be here
doing suicide bombings throughout
our cities and we won't have to
worry anymore about the economy anymore.

We need to pick our next commander in chief with a whole load of experience. You people need to
look up each candidates records and
read for yourself which one fits the bill.
Our very lives depends on it.

3/03/2008 2:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, protecting our country
should be number 1. If your not for defense then it leaves our country wide open for terrorists
attacks.

John McCain knows our military more
than anyone else. He's the man who know how to keep america safe.

I don't know about you all, but I
love my country and my vote will
go to John McCain.

3/04/2008 4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home